Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Free eBay Consultation: rgilbert15

Ron Gilbert signed up several days ago to have his free eBay consultation, but I have been putting it off because he appears to be on top of his game. Ron is a PowerSeller, has 4100+ Positive Feedback, and has 700+ items listed in his store. He is someone you should really be looking to as a great example of niche eBay selling.

I urge you to check out Ron's store and several of his auctions. His user name is rgilbert15, and his store is called Birthday Life Magazines Las Vegas. As you may have guessed by the name of his eBay store (seriously, you should check it out!) Ron specializes in selling Old Life Magazines from the 1930s to the 1970s. He even wrote an eBook about how to sell Life Magazines, which I strongly suggest you buy to learn about this great niche.

OK, so I guess we should get started on critiquing Ron's auctions and store. First of all, if Ron changed nothing at this point, he would be fine, and should consider taking my suggestions with a grain of salt.

First Tip: Ron! You wrote an eBook! This is what every book about selling on eBay encourages you to do, and you did it. This is great, but it could be even better. The biggest change that you can make right now that will bring you in some very easy money is to pimp your eBook. You need to promote this eBook like nobody's business! I only barely found it, when it should be one of the most prominent things in your store, and on your listings.
I suggest that at the top of every auction you write something like this: "Want to learn how I make Thousands a month selling old magazines? Click Here!" Take this eBook out of hiding and make it work for you! Make a link that sends your bidders to your Profit$ From Life! and you will see your eBooks start to sell really fast. This is some easy money that you need to capitalize on!
Second Tip: Ron also has written several articles on eBay, and has several blogs featured on his about me page. The problem is, Ron has too many blogs for one man to update. He should try to focus on one blog and update it at least once a week. Also, he should put a link to his blog at the very top of his about me page, instead of at the bottom. It should say something like: "To save 20% on my stock of Life magazines please see my Blog for details." This way, if he is really serious about having a blog to sell his items he can actually drive potential buyers there.

Third Tip: Well, I already ran out of big changes to make, but I have some small details that could be improved upon/fixed.
  • It should be the 1930s not the 1930's. Take the apostrophe out of that date, it does not own anything.
  • Put your store categories in order. It looks kind of unprofessional to have Your dates go 1930, 1950, 1970, 1940, 1960. I don't think it is that hard to change either.
  • Your Click here to see what other Buyers have to say about me" link does not work for me. You might want to look into that, (though it might just be my computer).
  • Your format is very clean, but you should consider rewriting the "many great topical articles and photos (please see index photo for details)." and turn it into a complete sentence. Maybe just do this for all of your new auctions, it is not worth it to go back through and change all of your old ones.
Your stuff looks great, and you are doing great. I hope these three small ideas will help you fine tune your store a little better. Please let me know if this was helpful. I wish you good luck!

No comments: