Sunday, February 17, 2008

Free eBay Consultation: heroptionsforyou

Dear Readers,
I am sorry that I have been neglecting my Free eBay Consultations. I promise I will work harder to make sure that I get to review at least two eBay Sellers auctions and stores per week. This may mean that it will take your store several weeks to get featured on the eBay Selling Guide, and Auction Help. However, if you would like to speed up this process and get your free eBay consultation in 72 hours, you can donate any amount to the eBay Selling Guide.
eMail me for more info.

Today's consultation will feature a store that sells men's and women's clothing, non-fiction books, and children's toys. It is run by Michelle, who seems to be pretty on top of her game. Her user name is heroptionsforyou, and her store is called her-options. I really suggest that you check out some of her auctions and her store so that we will all know what I am talking about.


These suggestions may look familiar if you have been reading some of the other consultations I have done.

My first suggestion for Michelle is that she changes the way her store categories are named. They are not very descriptive, and having descriptive store categories is one thing that helps you bring in bidders from Google. It also helps your bidders peruse your store better, instead of just having to look through 160 different items under your "misses" category, they should be able look through misses Jeans, Misses Slacks, Misses Shorts. Maybe even consider breaking those up into size categories.

Basically, the more categories the better.

A second suggestion dealing with your store is that you utilize the option to write a description about your store. We are changing this to draw in more potential bidders from eBay as well. I recommend writing something like "Welcome to Her Options, we specialize in selling Women's clothing in all sizes from brands like ..."

Next, I suggest that you re-arrange your auction titles. I think that normally it is best to do something like this:
"BRAND NAME Color Sex Style Size"
I really recommend putting the Brand Name in CAPS and at the beginning of the title. This is because a lot of people just use search terms like "Blue Jeans 8" "Black Skirt 6." This way your item will stick out when they are just browsing the search results.

Also, I would suggest reconsidering the brand name items that you buy. It seems like you do not have that many items that are really popular on eBay right now. If you want to find out what the best selling brands on eBay are, I suggest checking out my article, What Sells Best on eBay.

Lastly, I recommend that you add some links into your auction descriptions. You tell people to check out your store, that is good. But, it would be better if you added a link to your store, when you tell people to check out your store. You might get more bidders and customers buying multiple items if you do this.

Good luck with your store, if you have any specific questions please just leave a comment.

If anyone else would like Free eBay consultation, please sing up at the top of the page.

No comments: